Mergers & Acquisitions
What are Mergers & Acquisitions?
The merger of commercial companies takes place in the form of merging of more than one company under the roof of one of them without liquidating their assets, or the merger of companies to be merged into a newly established company. In case a corporation takes over another corporation or more than one corporations, the merger takes place in the form of an acquisition.
The Importance of Mergers & Acquisitions
The importance that corporations attach to mergers and acquisitions processes in order to achieve their commercial goals is increasing day by day. The main reason why corporations prefer the merger and acquisition process is the desire of corporations to increase their profitability and efficiency.
Company mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, joint ventures and reorganizations are essential parts of the economy and commercial life.
Our Experience in the Field of Mergers & Acquisitions
Bozoğlu İzgi provides consultancy services to its clients operating in a wide variety of sectors through the entire process of mergers and acquisitions of corporations, and it carries out the contract negotiation processes. In addition, Bozoğlu İzgi also monitors the license/permit processes to be carried out before regulatory authorities in mergers&acquisitions, and it provides consultancy servicesin these areas. In relation to mergers&acquisitions, services are also provided by Bozoğlu İzgi in investment and project financing.
Our Services in the Field of Mergers & Acquisitions
Bozoğlu İzgi offer all types of legal services that may be needed by our national and international clients, including market entry assessments, incorporation, growth, close-down and merger/acquisition stages along with the following:
- Merger and acquisition negotiations, contracts and closings,
- Making the necessary notifications to regulatory authorities regarding mergers & acquisitions in Turkey or applying for the required permits,
- Representation services for legal entities, including corporations,
- Consultancy services on limited liability companies and joint ventures,
- Business structuring, including advising on the most suitable type of business entity and structure, as well as other corporate governance matters;
- Corporate regulations and restructurings,
- Drafting shareholder agreements,
- Drafting share transfer agreements, restructuring following the share transfer,
- Consultancy and planning services in case of joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and asset sales,
- Counselling on deal structure, tax implications and preliminary planning,
- Company audits,
- Investment and project finance services,
- Negotiations and drafting complex business agreements and commercial contracts,
- General corporate matters, including standard operation procedure review and drafting, board resolution drafting, regulatory compliance, corporate governance and directors’ responsibilities.