What is Anti-Trust Law?
The basic principle of the market economy is based on the assumption that economic relations are competitive. The competitive market structure encourages firms to constantly adapt their competitive power to market conditions. However, government intervention may be deemed necessary against the possibility of undertakings cooperating with each other rather than competing, since such cooperation would adversely affect social welfare and economic development.
With the intention to boost social welfare by securing freedom of enterprise and assuring effective resource distribution, the Competition Law no. 4054 on the Protection of Competition was enacted in 1994 in order to prevent acts and operations that disrupt effective competition conditions of the undertakings and to adopt necessary measures and to implement regulations. Main purpose of the Law No. 4054 is to prevent agreements, decisions and practices preventing, distorting or restricting competition in markets for goods and services, and the abuse of dominance by the undertakings dominant in the market, and to ensure the protection of competition by performing the necessary regulations and supervisions to this end.
Our Experience Regarding Anti-Trust Law
Bozoğlu İzgi anti-trust team represents many national and international clients from diverse sectors in almost all areas of the anti-trust law and offers consultancy including litigation services in this area.
Our Services Regarding Anti-Trust Law
Some of the services provided by Bozoğlu İzgi anti-trust team are as follows:
- Day-to-day consultancy support,
- Submission of merger control filings and the relevant follow-up,
- Applications for individual exemption /negative clearance and the relevant follow-up,
- Managing processes within the scope of anti-trust reviews (on-site inspections, preliminary investigations and investigations) and representation of clients before the Competition Board,
- Offering in-house company trainings to ensure full compliance with the anti-trust legislation, preparing/ issuing standard operational procedures, providing internal audit and compliance programs,
- Supporting our clients operating in regulated markets to ensure compliance of their operations with the applicable laws and regulations.